Time Strategies

Red alarm clock. Source: Pixabay

I often struggle with how to manage my time because I over commit myself. I'm currently the Public Relations Director of the student-run advertising and public relations firm, Lindsey + Asp, which is in Gaylord College. I also intern at the Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust three times a week and I'm the Publicity Chair of the It's On Us task force on campus. I do all of this while also taking 19 hours this semester. People will often ask me to grab lunch or coffee and I immediately have to open my planner before I'm able to respond.

The time schedule I worked out for this class still works best for me though it's going to take some catching up to get there. My best days for work are Fridays and Sundays and since assignments are due the middle of the week, I have to catch up a little bit to get on that schedule because I didn't manage my time well on this Sunday to kick that off today.

One of the articles I read was "Increase Your Creative Output With 14 Time Management Tips Just for Creatives" I love Canva as a website design tool and I didn't know that they had articles so this was really interesting to read. The first point off the bat got me because often I use all my energy before I use all my time. The next points of doing the worst things first and the best things last is something I definitely need to learn from. I love what I do at Lindsey + Asp and my internship and the task force so I often do those things before I do actual school things when school should be the priority.

The next article I read was "The Psychology of Checklists: Why Setting Small Goals Motivates Us to Accomplish Bigger Things" I'm constantly writing to do lists so I thought this one would be interesting. The point about making work fun is something I intend to add into my current school/ work life schedule. I've already downloaded this app, Trello, but had never actually used it. After reading this article, I think I will!


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. The comment loaded weird and so I just deleted it!

      Anyways what I tried to say was: I can't believe you are so far ahead! Good for you. I definitely need to get on that track, and I think that doing all the extra credit now is a good idea! I also think this semester is very stressful. I am taking 21 hours and am worried that I have tried to do too much. I feel like this class equips us with strategies to help in our other courses as well though so hopefully it isnt too bad!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

New York City, My Favorite Place