Introduction


My name is Erin Tabberer, I am a public relations major with a minor in enterprise studies. That's me above with the cutest dog I've ever seen that's not mine unfortunately. The coolest thing about my major is that I get to talk to so many people and learn new things about them everyday. The best class I took last semester was my crisis communication class because I find it really interesting and fun to be forced to communication quickly and well under pressure.



My biggest accomplishment last semester was becoming the Public Relations Director for Lindsey + Asp, the student-run public relations and advertising firm. I coordinate six different client teams and it's like a real job! We work with several of the OU Athletic team, Fathom Travel and FCCA which are companies of Carnival Corporation. We also run day of social media for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon and have to be at the event at 3:00 AM. The picture above is the previous Public Relations Director and I receiving an award on behalf of the agency for the research we do the United States Navy! It's a lot of work but I'm very passionate about it and I love what I do.


I am also an intern at the Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust where we promote better live through better health for Oklahomans. I go to go on a commercial and meet Rumble, the OKC Thunder mascot!



I went to Frisco, TX over break to see my best friend who was a Sooner but transferred to Texas State so it was fun getting to see her. We went shopping and ate a lot of good food. The picture above is my friends and I ate a place called Babe's! Other than that I spent most of my time over break with my family and relaxing. It was a really nice change for once. I have no read a book or seen a movie recently but I always love watching Friends. My favorite is Ben Rector, I'm not really sure how to describe his music but I love it and I've seen him in concert 7 times. I love to bake oatmeal raisin cookies and brownies.



I have one dog who lives with my parents in Tulsa, his name is Raylan and he is a schnauzer and dachshund mix (pictured above). I used to crochet in my free time but now I don't really have any. If I had an extra day for fun I would probably spend it shopping.

Comments

  1. Hi Erin! I like that you’re a really social person that enjoys communicating with others. I strive to be more outgoing. Congratulations on becoming the Public Relations Director! You seem like you have a lot on your plate because of it but I’m glad it’s something you enjoy! That’s crazy that you’ve gotten to see Ben Rector in concert 7 times! Your dog is super adorable, it’s sad that Raylan lives back at home with your parents rather than with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Erin, it sounds like you are really passionate about public relations! I can't believe you had to be up at 3 a.m. for the OKC Memorial Marathon, that is dedication. That is awesome and so cool that you guys won an award from the Navy. I actually know Katie too, she was in my sorority when she was an undergrad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That crisis communication class sounds really cool, Erin! I can even see that as a storytelling style: the epics are full of crises, as you will see when you get into the Ramayana next week... and even more so in the Mahabharata, where it really is one crisis after another! And having done social media for the OKC Memorial Marathon would be a great experience. I am such a fan of the way events can get amplified via social media, like being able to follow Indian festivals and holidays at Twitter... plus the total fan-girl moments when an author I really admire tweets me back! Maybe you will find ways to make social media a part of your learning pathway in the class this semester. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Erin! It is so cool that you found a major that you are so passionate about! That award is so impressive! I also loved the picture of your dog! I am a big fan of all animals and have a dog that lives here in Norman with me and she is what keeps me sane. They are just the best. Hope you have a great semester.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Erin. Crisis communication sounds like an interesting class, I'm always amazed at the variety of classes offered. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments and being able to do something that you are so passionate about. You have a cute dog. Best of luck with your future. I can imagine not having the time to crochet anymore, you seem very busy .




















































    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New York City, My Favorite Place

Time Strategies