Feedback Thoughts

Work Life. Source: Pexel

The first article I read was 6 Bad Mental Habits That Sabotage Your Success. Unfortunately, I down about four out of the six things on a daily basis. I am the director of an organization on campus and it is really easy to believe in self-doubt when working with your peers but also trying to direct them. I don't typically make excuses for things that I do wrong and I'm pretty level-headed and don't believe in "what if?" scenarios. But when it comes to self-doubt, seeking audience approval, putting yourself down and second guessing yourself I am certainly guilty. Being a leader is hard even in non-leadership scenarios. There's a constant notion that you have to be "on" all the time and it's a lot of pressure. Especially as it comes closer to have to apply for jobs. People are constantly asking me what places and in what areas and it's really overwhelming because they're people who look up to me. This applies to the classroom but intensifying the pressure the get good grades and insure that I'm productive in every hour of my day.

The next article I read was Using Harsh Feedback to Fuel Your Career. I work with some great people, but sometimes they aren't the best at phrasing their words. I am definitely guilty of finding my identity in the criticism I receive. There are times when people when say things to me about my work performance and it makes me feel like I'm a lesser person for some reason when that is definitely not the case. I really like the steps that were listed out below for how to deal with harsh feedback. The steps were embrace emotions, don't demonize, prioritize, piggyback on a skill and commit. I really want to try to implement these into my work and school life. I take a lot of pride in my school and job work that I do and when I receive criticism sometimes I feel like it send me backwards.

I hope to implement different aspect of both of these articles to improve my school and work life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

New York City, My Favorite Place

Time Strategies