Growth Mindset

http://growthmindsetmemes.blogspot.com/
 
I had never heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset before. I have heard of a lot of the different sayings, like the one above but didn't realize it had a name.

I do recognize that I have a fixed mindset at times and I'm afraid to fail. Leading an organization that I am can be very difficult at times to try new things with the fear of failing. However, I also know that I can grow my talents and strengths to overcome that failure and reassure myself that the idea will be successful.

While being at OU I've learned that I tend to have a fixed mindset without encouragement from others. I'm very hard on myself in my work and that is often to my own determent. Encouragement from other always helps me to believe in myself.

I do think I would be interested in learning more about the growth mindset this semester.

My personal learning goals for this semester are the take in what I'm reading and learning and now take it at surface level. I'm taking several leadership classes that can help me in the future but I am nervous about them hopefully these tools can help me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

New York City, My Favorite Place

Time Strategies