Topic Brainstorm

Ganesha. Source: TemplePurohit

The first topic I brainstormed was the Ganesha. I chose this one because my roommate has a picture of one in her room and the other images of seen of them, they're really beautiful and I was excited to read more about them. I really liked the Tales of Ganesha, A Might Sweet Tooth story. The opening that made it relevant to the Norman area kept it relevant to what my own personal experiences are and kept my interest. Also highlighting the Ganesha's love for sweets was relevant to me because I do too!

The next topic I read about was Yoga. I chose this topic because I'm currently in a yoga class for fitness purposes but don't know much of the history behind it. The section that explained the origin of the Virabhadrasana poses was very disturbing. I have always though of those poses as empowering stances but they are formed from the death of Sati after a fight with her father.

The next topic I read about was Elephants. I really liked all of these stories on the site. They were very well thought out and had nice dialogue between characters. I really liked the ending of the story when the character of Rajim suggests chasing after the elephant and Kamal says the journey was their adventure. Next I read the Elephants of Indian Epics  storybook. I really liked the art on the opening page and then reading the stories about selflessness, patience and serving others. Those are all things I'm trying to work on in my own life.

The last topic I read about was Festivals and Holidays. I started with the Journey of Festivals site. It was really interesting to read about the different festivals and how they all fit together and the order of all of them. They are all significant in different ways and they're so many of them. They even have their own New Year festival. This site was much more informal I thought then the site of Lifelong Devotion I read next. This one seemed much more like a brochure then like a commercial.

My two favorite topics were definitely yoga and Ganesha. I know there is still a lot more that I can learn and I'm excited to continue the research.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

New York City, My Favorite Place

Time Strategies